Naturopathic Medicine emphasizes the prevention of disease. NDs teach you the tools to live a balanced and healthy life for both body and mind. When you do need help with your health, NDs use natural therapies whenever possible through herbs, nutrition, homeopathy, hydrotherapy and more.
- Listen to your personal health concerns and work with you on your treatment goals
- Graduated from a 4-year, accredited, post-graduate naturopathic medical school
- Are licensed medical providers
- Treat the whole person - mind, body & spirit
- Investigate and treat the root cause of the disease rather than managing/masking symptoms
- Use natural substances to heal whenever possible
- Educate patients about prevention of disease and the "whys" and "hows" of any current disease
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals when needed
- Order labs and imaging when needed
- Perform physicals and screening tests/exams
- Are an excellent choice for your health care provider!
Common Conditions Treated by Naturopathic Doctors
Naturopathic doctors can treat anyone because we treat the person, not the illness. Some conditions Dr. McElveen sees on a regular basis include but are not limited to acne, eczema and other skin conditions, bacterial/viral/fungal infections, colds/flus, obesity, type II diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, adrenal insufficiency, menstrual irregularities, menopause, GERD/indigestion, chronic pain, various digestive disorders such as celiac disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and IBS, hepatitis, thyroid dysfunction, arthritis, cancer, autoimmune disorders and more...